Accepting our Beautiful Contradictions
At Pretty Vulgar, we’re fascinated with the beautiful contradictions that make each of us unique. Just like our name, we believe that sometimes the things that can feel so wrong, end up being so right.
Here are some of our team’s favorite unexpected pairings:
Whisky + Tea Cups
Why just be someone’s cup of tea, when you can also be their shot of whiskey? This unlikely combination makes for a great girls night activity. Start with the drinks and end with a swap of your favorite eyeshadow palettes.
Lazy Day Glam
You don’t always need an occasion to dress up. In fact, getting ready for ourselves can significantly improve our confidence and mood. On your next lazy Sunday or day off, pair your loungewear with a bright matte lipstick and see how you feel.
What’s Old is New
Time to dig out the oldest pieces in your closet and give them new life. Whether it’s the dress you wore to graduation, the shoes you haven’t worn in a few years or your mom’s hand-me-downs, finding new ways to style old pieces is one of the simplest and most fulfilling activities.
Make a New Friend
Oftentimes, the people we get along with best are completely opposite to how we perceive ourselves. Rather than relying on work or school to meet new people, step out of your comfort zone and try a new class or bar -- you might just meet your new best friend.
What contradictions have you noticed in your life? Let us know below.
Just as you can’t judge a book by its cover, you don’t always know a person simply by looking at them. Having depth and being multi-faceted is important -- it’s what makes you, well beautiful you, and the world a more interesting place.
Our name, Pretty Vulgar, should tell you….
Here are some of our favorite contradictions:
- Drink whisky from a tea cup
- Why be everyone’s cup of tea, when you can be someone’s shot of whiskey?
- Why do you have to reveal all your cards? It’s okay to keep some things a secret.
- Make it less about drinking actual whiskey and more about being uniquely you.
Blend in and stand out
- Relate to cosmetics and how some days you want different looks
- Be Perfectly Imperfect
- Try new things/new looks
- Push yourself, change is a beautiful thing
Birds of feather flock together
- Sometimes you have friends that are so different from you (in their background, the way they dress, things they do). However together, something magical happens.
- What’s old is new